We are implementing a new feature for a special kind of token.
We are calling this a "universal" token. These tokens will let you pick a deck of your choice for free.
All prior tokens have been specific to a single deck.
There are unique limits to these new tokens:
- You can only ever qualify to redeem ONE of these type of tokens.
- Each time we offer such a universal token, we will limit the quantity of each deck that is on offer (we expect to repeat this offer again at some point - hence point 1.)
- We are limiting the quantity per deck to protect the creators. It would be unfair if people picked all the decks by a certain author. So we are deliberately spreading the gift across all decks/creators. There are 500+ decks to choose from.
- Depending on the promotion we will vary the number of decks on offer. Also the number of decks keeps growing with time. It will probably be limited to something like 5, 10 or 20 redemptions per deck.
- The offer will not be redeemable until after the OtaLOCO event.
- You will need to have registered with https://otaloco.heysummit.com/ and have created an account on Deckible.com with the same email.
- The offer applies to the next release of Deckible, which includes the ability to trial any deck for 3 days before purchase. This release will be available on or after the 1st of December. Software delivery dates are hard to predict, but we want to ship this release in conjunction with Otaloco. We also have some bugs to fix and some new features/changes to implement along with the features included in trials. Let's see.
We are contractually OK to promote and discount decks from our creators. We feel this is intelligent and sensibly rationed. Likewise, we feel this is fair for creators too. It's not fair if one creators takes the hit for promoting their deck.
We each make no money on such a promotion, but it is all about growing the Deckible community. This is abundance thinking.
Our vision is to create a bigger market for card decks. We believe digital decks are more accessible and findable than physical decks. This helps people find and buy decks - either in print or digital. Or both.
We believe this offers value and incentive to new users. We know the decks we have given for free to this point were not valued. People wanted to choose.
So this is valuable to the consumer.
Consumers will need to act fast to choose they deck they want.
These decks will go "out of stock", but just on this token.
Digital decks do not go out of stock for real.
You may have seen this post announcing the post/offer.
This post simply clarifies the offer.
More info on keynote/sponsorship here.